Emitec has developed the SCR advanced (SCRa) process to meet the strict NOx limits and exploits the potential offered only by metal catalyst substrates.
- Multi-stage process concept consists of a close-coupled module that comprises oxidation catalyst, AdBlue injection and an initial small SCR catalyst
- Ring-shaped oxidation catalyst deflects exhaust gas and flows it back through an inner tube
- AdBlue is injected into the deflection chamber so that, given an optimum mixture, hydrolysis already occurs inside the component
- Depending on installation space, this SCR catalyst can have a round or oval cross-section
- Close-coupled design of these compact metal components ensures rapid heating for catalyst light-off and is highly effective under transient load collective commonly found in non-road applications