FPT Industrial, the Iveco Group brand dedicated to the design, production and sale of low-environmental impact powertrains, exhibited at Agritechnica 2023, the world’s leading trade fair for agricultural machinery, held in Hanover, Germany, Nov. 12-18, 2023. At this key event, FPT Industrial is showcased its offerings in the agricultural powertrain sector.
According to the company, 21st-century farmers are, more than ever, called to balance the demands of productivity with those of sustainability. That’s why the brand is reaffirming its steady commitment to continuously improving internal combustion diesel engines, paired with the introduction of totally sustainable fuels such as hydrogen and biomethane, while keeping on pioneering on new, zero-emission electric powertrains, as well as hybrid solutions.
At the show, FPT highlighted:
- XC13 H2 – The new XC13, the first multifuel single-base engine of FPT Industrial, saw the premiere of its hydrogen version. Designed with a common core, but optimized to run with multiple fuels, from diesel and natural gas – including biomethane – to hydrogen and renewable fuels, XC13 offers maximum component standardization and easier integration into the final product. The concept engine XC13 H2 is an additional technology in the FPT Industrial portfolio for zero-CO2 emission solutions, offering customers the familiarity they are used to with traditional machines. Already successfully applied in an off-road vehicle, the XC13 H2 powers the PRINOTH LEITWOLF h2MOTION, the world’s first hydrogen snow groomer. This new concept vehicle is, indeed, equipped with the new FPT Industrial XC13 Hydrogen version, a 13-liter, six-cylinder engine, relying on direct fuel injection technology.
- F28 HYBRID – The F28 Hybrid harnesses a diesel engine paired with an e-flywheel, combining high performance and low fuel consumption in a compact package. The in-line four-cylinder engine delivers maximum power of 75 hp, while the electric motor adds 27 hp of continuous power and 40 hp of peak power. Its integrated layout allows for plug-and-play replacement of larger diesel versions. The F28 Hybrid is the best solution for effective use of agricultural e-implements, guaranteeing improved efficiency thanks to engine downsizing and optimized powertrain-implement coupling. The F28 Hybrid has been designed using a modular approach with current 48 V P1 configuration, scalable to a high voltage P2 layout, enabling higher power output and plug-in solutions for zero-emissions operations (indoor/stable/greenhouse activities).
- F36 IPU – The F36 PowerPack Stage V is part of FPT Industrial’s comprehensive Power Units offering. It represents a powerful, flexible and reliable solution for stationary and semi-stationary applications. The compact ATS pack mounted on the engine, including the urea injection system and all required sensors and manifolds, eliminates the need for development of a dedicated exhaust system. A range of options such as alternators, starters, water and air preheating, and different urea tank sizes provide further flexibility for customer installations. Single-side access allows for easy and quick maintenance, while the 600-hour service interval maximizes uptime.
- eBS 42 Battery Pack – The growing interest in electrified solutions in the agricultural sector requires specific and advanced battery packs, able to cope with the wide range of field and transport operations involved in modern farm management. Made in collaboration with Microvast, designed and developed to perfectly fit off-road applications, the FPT Industrial eBS42 battery pack is an advanced energy-storage solution for zero-emissions agricultural equipment. Delivering best-in-class energy density for top performance and featuring a high level of flexibility thanks to the multipack solution, this battery pack can be installed on a variety of agricultural equipment, thus satisfying different customer mission profiles and requirements
- N45 – A key member of the successful NEF engine family, with more than 2 million units produced since 2001, the N45 is a robust, reliable and versatile engine, featuring a wide range of configurations and options to fulfill all agricultural needs and to make installation easier in all off-road machinery. Showcased for the first time in the 147kW version, dedicated to the most demanding agricultural applications, the N45 owes its continuous success among farmers to its efficiency, EGR-free and maintenance-free ATS layout and industry-leading service intervals up to 1,200 hours. All these peculiar features greatly contribute to lower the TCO of a wide variety of agricultural equipment.
- N67 NG – With over 20 years’ experience and more than 80,000 units sold globally, FPT Industrial is leading the introduction of Natural Gas technology in off-road segment applications, with customized engine solutions for installation on agricultural equipment. The N67 Natural Gas is the ultimate clean-energy solution specifically designed for open-field tractors. The engine, in fact, achieves near-net-zero carbon emissions, or even negative, when running on biomethane, thus enabling circular ecosystems in agriculture. Delivering the same performance as its diesel equivalent in terms of power, torque and durability, the N67 NG ensures diesel-like drivability and performance for an unchanged customer experience, while reducing the carbon footprint of agriculture operations. The N67 NG powers the “Sustainable Tractor of the Year 2022” – New Holland’s T6.180 Methane Power.