WABCO introduces OnLaneASSIST, a pioneering safety technology for heavy- and medium-duty trucks and buses. It is the first application of active steering technology in WABCO’s portfolio of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS).
- Helps improve commercial vehicle safety and driver comfort by avoiding collisions related to unintentional lane departures
- Leverages unique active steering technology and forward-looking camera to provide active lane correction functionality
- Detects lane markings and continuously evaluates vehicle’s position relative to them
- Distinguishes between planned lane changes and lane drifting
- In case of lane drifting, system autonomously intervenes before vehicle unintendedly leaves its lane by applying a correction torque to steering wheel to return vehicle towards lane center
- Smoothly releases torque as soon as proper driving path is reestablished
- Based on R.H. Sheppard’s U.S. steering technology integrated with Nexteer’s steering automation technology