Microchip Technology's MRF24J40MB is Microchip’s second 2.4 GHz Radio Frequency (RF), surface-mountable transceiver module and is part of its IEEE 802.15.4 and ZigBee portfolio for short-range, low-data-rate embedded wireless networking. Added transmit power to the module allows designers to expand the range of their wireless networks.
- Offers extended range for distant-node communication
- Adds +20 decibels per milliwatt (dBm) transmit power via integrated Power Amplifier (PA) and -102 dBm receive sensitivity via integrated Low Noise Amplifier (LNA)
- Eliminates RF design time, expertise and expense, while accelerating time to market and mitigating development risk
- Combines with perfect balance of microcontroller memory, performance, peripherals of 8-, 16- and 32-bit PIC microcontrollers (MCUs) and dsPIC Digital Signal Controllers (DSCs)
- Applications include AMR/AMI metering, industrial monitoring and control, home and building automation, remote control, low-power wireless sensor networks, and lighting control
- Integrates with appropriate 16-bit PIC24 MCUs, dsPIC DSCs and 32-bit PIC32 MCUs using MRF24J40MB PICtail Plus Daughter Board
- MRF24J40MB PICtail Plus Daughter Board is an additional purchase