Peterson Manufacturing announces that its 6 in. oval flashing LumenX LED Turn/Marker/Warning light meets the new Federal requirements to enhance the visibility and safety of ag equipment. The recently adopted requirements include:
- Standard ASABE S279.17 for ag equipment manufactured after June 21, 2017
- NHTSA’s U.S. Title 49 Part 562 agricultural lamp requirement
- FMVSS 108 standard for front/rear turn signal, parking lamp, clearance, and side marker
At the heart of NHTSA’s requirements is making sure that ag equipment lighting can be seen from any angle –– an important safety factor for slow-moving ag vehicles that often traverse public roadways at dawn and dusk when visibility can be difficult.
Peterson’s new LumenX 320/321 Series amber lights were engineered to exceed the new standards for bright, flashing, 360 degree visibility.
“The challenge was in bending the light where it needed to go,” says Senior Project Engineer, John Hansen. “With our advanced engineering software and optic testing technology, we were able to exceed the lighting standards while dropping the diode count to only three. The LumenX lens is very bright and evenly lit. It’s a nice look –– and proudly made in the USA!”
In addition to enhanced safety, Peterson’s new flashing warning ag lights offer customers great mounting flexibility. “The 6 in. oval is a favored lighting footprint for many trailer and equipment manufacturers,” Hansen says. “They can mount our lights in any orientation that fits their equipment and be fully compliant with the new Federal standards.”
The 320/321 Series lights are available with either an industry standard PL3 connection or an AMP compatible receptacle for the best protection against moisture and corrosion. Other features:
- Includes both high-intensity ag warning/turn and low-intensity park/marker light circuits
- Three advanced white diodes behind precision optics
- 9-16V operating range with voltage regulation and over-voltage protection
- Fits standard oval mounting grommet
According to Peterson Vice President-Sales, Steve Meagher, “Our new 320/321 Series lights are in stock and ready to ship. They’re an exciting addition to our line of Federally compliant ag lighting equipment.”