B&R is simplifying the implementation of safety functions on mobile machinery by equipping its X90 safety controllers with the CANopen Safety protocol.
- Provides secure data transfer in accordance with SIL 2, fulfilling a significant requirement for machine safety certification
- Available via a simple software update and requires no new control hardware
- CANopen Safety devices such as joysticks can be connected directly to existing B&R X90 controllers
- Devices connected via CANopen Safety are configured in B&R’s Automation Studio engineering environment
- Ready-made software components eliminates need for traditional programming work to be done