The Green Truck Association
Farmington Hills, MI 48331
Established in 2010 as an affiliate division of NTEA, the Association for the Work Truck Industry, Green Truck Association (GTA) is a voice for companies moving forward to create vocational trucks and products with a focus on sustainability. In recognition of the growing interest and demand for fuel-saving products within the work truck industry, GTA fosters the progression of green work trucks through:
- Showcasing member companies’ truck and technology developments
- Serving as the resource for legislative, regulatory and funding initiatives relevant to clean vehicles
- Supplying relevant market data and technical resources
- Sharing timely news on green truck products and initiatives
- Educating its members on green commercial vehicle design technology evaluation and selection using a systematic approach such as the Hierarchy of Application.
Also, GTA staff are “in the field” throughout the year, serving as industry resources and thought leaders.
The mission of GTA is to improve the efficiency and productivity of work trucks through the development and deployment of strategies to reduce diesel and gasoline consumption and the associated environmental impacts.
A number of specific green truck technology segments operate under GTA umbrella to build awareness and increase knowledge of:
- Sustainable integration
- Lightweight materials
- Vehicle electrification
Visit the Technology Councils section to learn more.
GTA’s affairs are governed by a Board of Governors elected by GTA membership. The Board of Governors is responsible for setting policy and developing strategy for the organization; it also plays an active role in developing programs and services.