The SAE seminar Commercial Vehicle Braking Systems is focused on providing attendees a better understanding of how air and hydraulic brake systems' performance can be predicted, maintained and optimized.
During the course of the seminar, the function and application of major brake system components will be explained, as well as how brakes, tires and roadways interact together as a system.
Once attendees have completed this course, they will be able to:
- Design safe and efficient braking systems
- Test and measure braking performance
- Maintain and troubleshoot braking systems
- Comply with state and federal regulations on brakes
- Describe the brake implications of accident investigation
There will be a second session of this course held in June, also at SAE's Automotive Headquarters.