Marmon-Herrington announces the release of its HydroMechVPD, a variable power divider (VPD) that eliminates the need for an auxiliary diesel engine in applications where a second power source has traditionally been required.
- Divides truck’s diesel engine into propulsion power and auxiliary power to reduce operating costs, maintenance, and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
- Suited for use in Class 6 through 8 trucks
- Includes hydrostatic variator
- Capable of running auxiliary device up to and above full engine RPM while also allowing driver to vary vehicle speed as normal
- Offers additional benefits of reduced weight and improved packaging
- Market applications include aircraft rescue & firefighting (ARFF), street sweeping, agriculture, defense