Dana Incorporated has introduced a line of Spicer universal joints intended for severe off-road applications, the Spicer Extreme u-joints.
- Features needleless bearing caps and journal cross made of 4340 chromoly steel with an enlarged trunnion diameter for added strength
- Includes full circle snap rings which nearly eliminate possibility of rings being ejected under load
- Needleless bearing caps are sealed with internal O-ring and come with high-grade anti-seize lubricant
- Caps have provisions for grease fittings
- 5-760X sized u-joints are designed for use with Dana 30 and Dana 44 axles, while 1480/SPL55 sized u-joints are intended to be used with Dana 60 axles
- Increased load capacity makes ideal for pairing with chromoly axle shafts with full circle snap rings
- Intended for off-road use only