AVX Corporation, a manufacturer of advanced passive components and interconnect solutions, has expanded its switch mode power supply (SMPS) capacitor series to include RoHS-compliant versions. The RoHS compliant TurboCap Series combines high CV values and high current-carrying capacity with low ESR/ESL characteristics to provide high-frequency performance.
- Utilizes base metal electrode (BME) technology and vertically stacked construction
- Delivers high tolerance to vibration and board flexure
- Available in an X7R dielectric
- Features voltage range of 50V to 100V with a capacitance value up to 220uf
- Works with a variety of applications including high-frequency input/output filters, hybrid vehicles, and industrial equipment
- Lead frame assembly places ceramic up off board and reduces cracking issues as well as susceptibility to shock and vibrations
- Also available in standard lead-tin termination versions