Case IH announces new AIM Command FLEX advanced spray technology for greater application accuracy, as well as special 25th Anniversary Patriot models to celebrate the company’s legacy of sprayer leadership.
Ultimate in spray control
AIM Command FLEX helps operators deliver consistent, flexible and accurate application, regardless of speed and terrain — resulting in more efficient use of crop protection products. Using pulse width modulation (PWM) technology, the system enhances sprayer productivity by controlling product flow and pressure more precisely than conventional rate controllers.
All Model Year 2017 Case IH Patriot sprayers will come factory-equipped with the nodes required to run AIM Command FLEX.
Advanced technology features
AIM Command FLEX is a new, advanced and dependable technology that:
- Adds flexibility to product application. Operators can preset spray rates up to 30% higher than the target rate on up to eight nozzles. This feature accommodates sprayer wheel tracks, fencerows and other uneven field conditions.
- Operates 36 separate boom sections, allowing more precise control across the boom and throughout the field.
- Maintains consistent application rate over a wider range of speeds. With properly sized tips, AIM Command FLEX accommodates speed ranges up to 8:1 versus 2:1 with rate-controller-only technology.
- Controls drift on demand by allowing the operator to preset two spray pressures and toggle between them while spraying. For example, one of the settings could deliver the target pressure for the desired droplet size, and the second setting could produce lower pressure for selective drift control in sensitive areas. Or operators could select a higher pressure for the second setting to achieve greater canopy penetration when needed.
- Compensates for turns by automatically adjusting rates across the boom to prevent over- or underapplication through field curves and turns.
Efficiency and precision
In addition, a nozzle valve diagnostic system helps keep the sprayer running efficiently. The system monitors each nozzle and notifies the operator immediately if a valve quits working or a wire becomes unplugged. In addition to alerts on the in-cab display, each solenoid valve has an LED indicator light that flashes different colors to help spot problem nozzles quickly and easily.
AIM Command FLEX operates through the sprayer’s rate controller — either the AFS Pro 700 or Case IH Viper 4+ — for one-screen monitoring and adjustment of application rate, spray pressure, boom section status, product tank volume and other operating parameters. The system generates as-applied maps and application reports using data exported in a Shapefile format. For system flexibility, AIM Command FLEX is ISO Virtual Terminal (VT) compatible.
Optional upgrade offers even more
For operators seeking even more precise applications, Case IH offers an optional AIM Command FLEX upgrade. The upgraded system allows on-off control of individual nozzles through the Viper 4+ controller, achieving the highest level of spray accuracy and efficiency. No additional hardware is needed. Owners can simply purchase the upgrade at time of order or after sprayer delivery, and the system will be functional immediately.
Silver anniversary Patriot models
In addition to introducing new AIM Command FLEX spray technology, Case IH is celebrating its application equipment leadership with 100 special 25th Anniversary Patriot 4440 and 3340 sprayers for 2017. The commemorative models will include all the productivity features that operators expect from Patriot sprayers, including cab-forward, rear-engine design, comfortable cabs and application excellence. The 25th anniversary machines also will feature:
- Eye-catching silver-and-red paint finish
- Decals highlighting the silver anniversary
- Michelin tires, Raven Industries technology and Wilger Combo-Rate nozzle bodies as standard equipment
- New Case IH family cab styling
- 360-degree lighting package option
- The new AIM Command FLEX with no additional hardware needed