Navistar Inc. announces the launch of its heavy-duty International WorkStar vocational trucks powered by the company's 13-liter engine with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) emissions technology. The WorkStar is the fourth heavy-duty International truck model to transition to SCR technology since December 2012.
"With the launch of the WorkStar with our 13-liter SCR engine, we continue to make great progress in our engine transition strategy and customers are benefitting from our expanded product line-up," says Bill Kozek, President North America Truck and Parts, Navistar. "We're well positioned to continue our positive momentum and we are on schedule to complete the SCR transition in our remaining heavy-duty truck offerings by early August."
The company's portfolio of SCR-based heavy-duty trucks also includes the International ProStar, International PayStar 5900 Set-Back Axle and International 9900i—all available with the Cummins ISX15 engine. In addition, Navistar's proprietary 13-liter engine with SCR was launched in the ProStar in April and is now available in the WorkStar. The remaining lineup of International heavy-duty truck models will transition to SCR emissions technology in a phased launch in the coming weeks based on volume and customer demand.
International WorkStar Features
The WorkStar is designed to take on the heaviest loads and the most rugged jobs. The heavy-duty WorkStar model includes two variations, 7600 SBA (46 in. set-back axle) and 7600 SFA (30 in. set-forward axle). Both models feature a 113 in. BBC (bumper to back-of-cab).
- Available high-visibility hood where front-end power take-off (FEPTO) is not required
- Available 4x2, 6x4 and 8x6 axle configurations
- Available from 365 hp 1,250 lbs.-ft. torque up to 475 hp 1,700 lbs.-ft. torque
- Huck-bolted frame and crossmember system with a number of frame-rail options for maximum durability
- Diamond Logic electrical system for greater reliability, improved productivity and lower maintenance costs
- Double-sided, galvanized steel cab for maximum durability
- Dual-powered steering gears and large front axle for excellent maneuverability
- Wrap-around panoramic windshield for best-in-class visibility where FEPTO is not required
- Optional Eagle interior with premium rosewood dashboard and easy-to-read ivory gauges or chrome bezel black gauges on instrument panel
- Easy-to-clean vocational floor mats and vinyl interior panels throughout the cab to improve durability
"With the launch of the WorkStar with our own SCR-based 13-liter engine, we continue to focus on meeting the needs of vocational customers by delivering innovative, best-in-class products for a wide range of severe applications," adds Kozek. "With great products, an extensive dealer network, and superior after-sales support, our International Truck severe service lineup continues to deliver for our customers."