Innovative powertrain manufacturer FPT Industrial will display its latest solutions for the agricultural market at EIMA International November 12 to 16, 2014, held at the Trade Fair Center in Bologna, Italy.
FPT’s range for agricultural applications is very broad, spanning from 33 to 606 kW, and has been recently revamped with two state-of-the-art engines, the Cursor 16 for heavy-duty applications and the R22 for the low displacement off-road sector, both on display at EIMA.
FPT Industrial will be present at EIMA International in Hall 15, Stand C19, with experts on hand to discuss the company’s full range of solutions for the agricultural sector.
Cursor 16 and R22 engines
FPT Industrial’s Cursor 16 offers best in class power and torque density and has received the prestigious title of DIESEL OF THE YEAR 2014 by Diesel magazine. Compact in size, the 15.9-liter six-cylinder engine delivers 18-liter performance in a 13-liter package and is suitable for agricultural, construction and power generation applications.
Compliant to Tier 4 Final/Stage IV emissions standards thanks to the patented HI-eSCR system, the engine delivers power outputs of up to 570 kW with maximum torque of 3,320 Nm at 1,500 rpm in its single stage version and up to 630 kW with maximum torque of 3,500 Nm at 1,400 rpm when available in its double stage version.
Offering the highest performance of the Cursor Series, the Cursor 16 ensures the same reliability and durability characterizing this engine family and is now powering New Holland’s CR10.90, the world’s highest capacity rotary combine harvester.
At the smaller end of FPT Industrial’s range, the R22 offers a low displacement solution. The three-cylinder, 2.2-liter in-line engine delivers outputs of 33 to 52 kW in an extremely compact and efficient package offering maximum installation flexibility and reducing steering radii in agricultural equipment.
Equipped with a latest generation Common Rail fuel injection system, the R22 meets Tier 4 Final/Stage IIIB emission regulations through the adoption of an internal Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) with Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC), coupled with a ‘maintenance free’ Particulate Matter Catalyst.
“At FPT Industrial we pride ourselves on being able to provide powertrain solutions to a vast range of equipment across a variety of sectors,” says Massimo Siracusa, Vice President of Product Engineering at FPT Industrial. “The Cursor 16 and R22 engines illustrate the high and low displacement ends of our offering for agricultural applications and are currently powering equipment from Case IH, New Holland and Steyr.
“Flexibility, as well as low total cost of ownership, is a major consideration when developing our solutions and we’re delighted to be able to offer our customers flexible HI-eSCR systems as well as retrofit kits that extend the life of an engine and, in turn, drive down costs.”
Other FPT Industrial engines on display at EIMA
FPT Industrial will also display its 4.5-litre N45 and 8.7-litre Cursor 9 engines, both in a Tier 4 Final/Stage IV version.
The 4.5-liter in-line N45 engine comes in a four valve per cylinder architecture, delivering a power range of 66 to 129 kW and torque of 375 to 726 Nm.
The Cursor 9 guarantees low fuel consumption and low running costs, while providing a power output range of 210 to 330 kW; torque ranges from 1,407 to 1,850 Nm.
Both engines achieve Tier 4 Final/Stage IV emission regulations through the use of the patented HI-eSCR technology and guarantee service intervals of up to 600 hours.
In addition to the engines compliant to the latest emission regulations, FPT Industrial will also display its N67 Tier 3 engine for lower emissioned markets. Delivering power outputs of 74 to 200 kW, the 6.7-liter engine is based on FPT Industrial’s latest Tier 4 Final technology, appropriately modified to ensure compliance with Tier 3/Stage IIIA emissions levels, without compromising performance and consumption.
FPT Industrial’s patented HI-eSCR technology
FPT Industrial’s HI-eSCR after-treatment system has been developed in-house to reduce Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) emissions by more than 95%. The emissions solution focuses on maximizing combustion efficiency and reducing Particulate Matter (PM), using clean air in the engine rather than EGR before the HI-eSCR system converts NOx to diatomic nitrogen and water. The system ensures compliance with Stage IV/Tier 4 Final and Euro VI emission regulations.
The technology has been proven with over 450,000 units since 2005 being produced utilizing SCR across various applications. The success of HI-eSCR has been bolstered by the system’s flexibility as it does not require OEMs to change the cooling pack used in Tier 4 Interim solutions. Up to 30 different aftertreatment solution configurations are available for each power node, with OEMs having the option to combine easy and fast to install DOC and SCR systems off the shelf.
FPT Industrial’s range for agricultural applications
The new R22 is the most compact engine of its segment and features Common Rail fuel injection and a turbocharger with after-cooler and waste gate.
Main R22 Series features and benefits:
- Single-side service
- Service intervals of up to 600 hours
- Meets Tier 4 Final/Stage IIIB emission regulations
- The use of hydraulic tappets and an ‘Antiphone’ insulated sheet metal front cover minimises engine noise, improving the end user’s working environment
- A wide scope of customisation possibilities including fan, alternator and transmission interface options, different starter motor and power take-off positions
Featuring a customer-oriented design, the F5 Series is available in both a 3.2 (Tier 3/Stage IIIA) and 3.4-liter version (Tier 4 Interim/Final and Stage IIIB under 56 kW, Tier 4 Final/Stage IV above 56 kW).
Main F5 Series features and benefits:
- The 3.2-liter offers performance from 40 kW to 70 kW; the 3.4-liter produces outputs from 43 to 90 kW
- The F5 engines feature turbocharger and both Internal and External Cooled EGR, thus allowing customers to optimise engine installation, machine performance, load response and fuel consumption
- The F5 stands out for low operating costs and easy maintenance thanks to single-side service
NEF Series engines
Setting the standard in its class, NEF engines offer high-performance, reliable, cost-effective and compact solutions to power agricultural vehicles and machinery.
Main NEF Series features and benefits:
- The 4.5-liter NEF 45 offers performance from 53 to 129 kW
- The 6.7-liter NEF 67 produces between 84 and 228 kW
- Meets emissions standards from Tier 3/Stage IIIA to Tier 4B/Stage IV
- Options for both include Common Rail (Tier 3, Tier 4 Interim and Final compliant) or rotary pump injection (Tier 3 compliant) and fixed geometry turbocharging
- Suitable for powering a wide variety of agricultural equipment machines
Cursor Series engines
Engines in the Cursor Series have been developed to deliver high specific power outputs, rapid throttle response, low fuel consumption and low running costs in heavy duty applications such as agricultural machinery.
Main Cursor Series features and benefits:
- The 8.7-liter Cursor 9 ranges from 175 to 305 kW; the Cursor 11, 11.1-liter displacement, from 300 to 380 kW; the 12.9-liter Cursor 13 from 286 to 515 kW; the Cursor 16 from 480 to 570 kW (single stage) and from 540 to 630 kW (double stage)
- Meets emissions standards from Tier 3/Stage IIIA to Tier 4 Final/Stage IV
- Incorporating overhead camshafts with rockers, engines use state-of-the-art electronic unit injectors or heavy-duty common rail fuel injection systems, while a range of forced induction options are available
- Suitable for powering a wide variety of agricultural equipment machines