Federal-Mogul Powertrain has introduced an industrial spark plug, the Pokal, that has unprecedented mechanical and electrical strength, thanks to a new ‘u-shaped’ core nose on the insulator.
- M14 packaging (14 mm)
- Offers increased robustness for use in new engine applications with high peak cylinder pressures
- Enables use of larger electrodes, providing increased service life and enhanced performance
- Unique shape of insulator core nose increases resistance to mechanical pressure waves, allowing OEMs to use more aggressive combustion strategies for improved engine efficiency without reducing spark plug life
- Nose incorporates cup-shaped cavity around center electrode, improving both electrical and mechanical strength
- Shape allows plug to better withstand increased voltage demand requirements, in addition to more aggressive combustion setting with higher peak cylinder pressures
- For use in engines rated between 100 and 600 kW