Caterpillar's C4.4 is a six-speed, wide ratio fully automatic transmission that can be mated to the Caterpillar C4.4 unregulated truck engine to create integrated power packs for light to medium trucks for a variety of defense applications.
- Electronic control system integrates with Engine Control Module (ECM) to allow seamless communication via J1939/500K CAN
- Features full diagnostic and programming with Caterpillar Electronic Technician (Cat ET)
- Light weight yet capable of high torque transfer (520-860 lb-ft)
- Accepts direct mounted two-speed transfer case for all-wheel drive applications, and the larger unit has side PTO capability
- Provides good fuel consumption and shift quality
- Features maximum gross input power of 400 hp