Allison Transmission announces the launch of the TerraTran, its latest propulsion solution purpose built for the global construction and mining markets.
- A variant of Allison’s 4000 Series transmission
- Purpose built for off-highway applications such as mobile crane, articulated dump truck and wide-body mining dump trucks, and flexibility for potential use in on-highway applications
- Provides reliability and durability of 4000 Series but with increased horsepower, torque and GVW capability, as well as fast reverse capability
- Maximum power capability of up to 800 hp (596.6 kW) and torque capability up to 3,025 lb.-ft. (4,101.3 Nm), depending on the application in which it is deployed
- Features seven forward and two reverse speeds
- Delivers improved productivity and optimized vocational efficiency with the addition of fast reverse
- Enhances drivability, gradeability and maneuverability under demanding operating conditions based on field testing