Polygon Company’s engineering team announces a second generation of PolyLube High Temperature (HT) composite bushings. The PolyLube HT 2 has applications not just for elevated temperature environments but also for where the bushing may need to resist thermal expansion during operation.
- Glass transition temperature in excess of 500 F for an improvement of over 100 F
- Survives clutch speeds going from 0 to very high rpms in micro-seconds and vice versa
- Offers long term wear, durability, and less seizure opportunity
- Pre-assembles into housings that can then be welded or further fabricated, improving repair characteristics in the field
- Sustained operating temperature is 500 F, with possible limited amounts up to 700-800 F depending on application