The Schaeffler X-life FAG tapered roller bearings features an innovative internal design that offers an efficient bearing variant for pinion shaft bearing supports in tractor transmissions that is particularly suitable for the highest load requirements.
- Includes company's X-life bearing design
- Available in sizes up to 635 mm O.D.
- Specially machined raceway, roller surfaces and optimized contact geometry between rolling element end face and inner ring rib allows power loss to be reduced by up to 50%
- Improved surfaces allow elastohydrodynamic lubricant film to be formed more quickly at low speeds during start-up process and in-field operation to reduce wear, friction and generation of high temperatures
- Helps reduce fuel use and aging of lubricant
- Improved surfaces in rolling contact and use of higher-quality materials increases dynamic load carrying capacity up to 20%, which in turn allows operating life to be extended up to 70%
- Contact geometry between rollers and raceway counteracts harmful edge pressure, plastification in rolling contact in event of shock loads, and severe shaft tilting in full load range to protect bearings and machine from premature failure
- Helps increase efficiency, durability and reliability of gearboxes in mobile driven machines and contributes towards reducing lifecycle costs
- Enables possibility of downsizing tractor gearboxes while maintaining or even increasing their performance