To keep turbochargers sealed and prevent exhaust leaks, truck and auto engineers are turning to a the V-Band Clamp Nut called Spiralock, developed by Spiralock Corp.
- Unique internal thread form withstands extreme turbocharger heat and vibration, while reducing cost, assembly, and warranty issues
- 30-degree wedge ramp at root of thread mates with standard 60-degree male thread fasteners
- Wedge ramp allows bolt to spin freely relative to female threads until clamp load is applied
- Crests of standard male thread are drawn tightly against wedge ramp, eliminating radial clearances to create a continuous spiral line contact along entire length of thread engagement
- Continuous line contact spreads clamp force more evenly over all engaged threads, improving resistance to vibrational loosening, axial-torsional loading, joint fatigue and temperature extremes