CCTY Bearing has taken a new approach to universal joints which uses a square ball and seven other components, creating the Square Ball Universal Joint.
- Minimizes the number of components used compared to the more than 100 parts found in standard u-joints
- Comprised of one square ball, two yokes, two retaining pins and one seal
- Fewer parts simplify the u-joint allowing for smoother rotation
- Maintenance-free due to a true seal that retains lubrication while keeping out containments
- Seeks own center between the two yokes when it is rotating through an angle with some load
- Rotational torque is transferred/concentrated around left and right opposing zones of yoke’s I.D. to the adjacent cylindrical surfaces of central element, instead of the center of the yoke or the grooves