All critical systems and subsystems involved with vehicle dynamics will be covered in Fundamentals of Heavy Truck Dynamics.
By the end of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Acquire an overall understanding of heavy truck dynamics, in theory and practice
- Acquire and demonstrate knowledge of heavy truck ride engineering and the factors that affect it
- Define the dynamics of various truck sub-systems and components that include tires, steering system and truck suspensions
- Describe contemporary issues in heavy truck dynamics
- Identify how sub-systems or components interact with other sub-systems to effect truck dynamics
Topics covered during the course include tire dynamics, suspension dynamics and kinematics, vibration sources and human body response to vehicle vibrations.