Continuing to help off-the-road (OTR) tire dealers and end-users with innovative ways to reduce costs and improve operational efficiency, Yokohama Tire Corporation (YTC) will now offer five new OTR tires with dual TRA code designations to handle both loader and transport applications.
The tires with the dual markings are the RB31, RT31/RT31+, RL31, RT41 and RL45. All will feature an E/L designation within the size on the sidewall.
“Dual service markings make a lot of sense because they allow the flexibility for one product to serve two separate service applications,” says Bruce Besancon, Yokohama Tire Senior Director of OTR Sales. “That helps dealers consolidate inventory cost and space, and provides end users flexibility in multi-service, multi-equipment applications.”
- RB31: Features a tread pattern design with a non-directional block pattern that provides both abrasion resistance and excellent traction on soft, sandy surfaces. It’s the only tire in its category with four steel belts for optimum puncture resistance. The durable radial tire is made for articulated dump trucks, scrapers and front-end loaders. Available in sizes 20.5R25 E/L3, 23.5R25 E/L3, 26.5R25 E/L3 and 29.5R25 E/L3.
- RT31/RT31+: An exceptionally tough radial tire for articulated dump trucks, dozers and front-end loaders. It’s super puncture-resistant thanks to four steel belts, plus an advanced tread design provides incredible traction, making it ideal for any variety of soft and muddy terrain. Comes in sizes 20.5R25 E/L3, 23.5R25 E/L3 and 26.5R25 E/L3.
- RL31: Runs in size 20.5R25 E/L3 and is specially designed for wheel loaders, dozers and articulated dump trucks to thrive in the most difficult mining and rocky surfaces. The radial’s rock flush pattern and shoulder protector provides excellent cut resistance for the tread and sidewall, and the four steel belts provide even more puncture resistance.
- RT41: Incredibly strong radial tire for articulated dump trucks, scrapers and front-end loaders. Provides both abrasion resistance and excellent traction on soft, rocky and gravel surfaces, thanks to a tread pattern design with non-directional block pattern. It features four steel belts for puncture resistance, a two-ply nylon chafer for longer casing life and sturdy sidewall construction for long lasting tire life. Sizes: 23.5R25 E/L4, 26.5R25 E/L4 and 29.5R25 E/L4.
- RL45: An extremely tough radial for the most demanding applications, it’s made for articulated dump trucks, scrapers and front-end loaders. The advanced tread composition provides improved wear, low-heat generation and cut-resistance, while the zigzag-shaped groove provides better traction on rock and gravel surfaces. Available in 26.5R25 E/L4 and 29.5R25 E/L4.