Michelin North America Inc. is launching the MICHELIN X Mine D2 Pro and the XSM D2+ as part of its MICHELIN X Mine Pro series of tires for underground mining (UGM).
- Specifically made for loaders and transport machines operating in extreme conditions
- Key benefits include increased load capacity, improved tire life and improved aggression resistance
- Designed to address tough conditions found in underground mines and reduce downtime
- Increased load capacity of up to 18%(1) engineered into L5 UGM tire through reinforced 3-star casing and two extra plies containing crossed-nylon cords encased in rubber for greater resistance and toughness
- NRF technology(2) reinforces sidewalls and resists sidewall injuries from migrating
- Improved aggression resistance made possible through significant improvements to cables and tread compounds
- Encapsulated cables, found in working plies, provide better protection against aggression and oxidation
- Optimized tread compounds(3) ensure endurance in harshest of conditions
- X Mine D2 Pro tire is available in 17.5R25, 18.00R25, 20.5R25, 23.5R25, 26.5R25, 29.5R25, and 29.5R29 sizes
- XSM D2+ Pro is available in 17.5R25, 18.00R25, 26.5R25, and 29.5R29 sizes
1 Based on comparisons of the MICHELIN XSM D2+ PRO and X MINE D2 PRO to the MICHELIN XSM D2+ and MICHELIN X MINE D2, as set forth in the 2018 Michelin Data Book. Actual results may vary.
2 Based on computer modeling comparisons of the MICHELIN XSM D2 + PRO and X MINE D2 PRO tires compared to MICHELIN XSM D2+ and MICHELIN X MINE D2 tires. Actual results may vary.
3 Based upon improved aggression resistance and on computer modeling comparing the tread compounds included in the MICHELIN XSM D2+ PRO to the MICHELIN XSM D2+. Actual results may vary.