Michelin North America Inc. has introduced a 49-in. (1,244.6 mm) tire for 100-ton mining and quarry dump trucks ─ the MICHELIN XD MINEWORKS 27.00R49.
- Specifically designed for dependable performance and addressing aggressive everyday needs of mines and quarries in North America
- New tread pattern and tread depth deliver even wear on hard soil
- Incorporates advanced casing and high-wear resistance compound technologies to handle heavy loads at lower pressure
- Designed for good balance between TMPH1 and wear resistance
- Tough cables and innovative architecture allows operators to run with less pressure than competitor tires for the same load2, which can deliver big benefits for the operator and the equipment
- Non-directional, 66.0 mm (2.6 in.) tread is designed for minimal rotation and minimizes stone retention