Michelin introduces the XDR 250+ mining tire for 250-ton rigid dump trucks.
- Features improved wear resistance, optimized wear and increased aggression resistance
- Available in a 50/80R57 size
- Increases tire life by 8%1 for MB4 and MB1 compounds, with no tradeoff in ton-miles per hour (TMPH) compared to the MICHELIN XDR 250 tire
- Provides up to 15% more TMPH for the MB and MB4 compounds versus the competition2
- Incorporates the second generation of two compounds, MB4 and MB1, that provide improved wear resistance
- New mixing process with superior level of carbon black dispersion creates a much more homogeneous mix that leads to a slower wear rate
- Michelin multilayer technology provides optimized wear on front and rear axles
- Outer layer is optimized for front axles for the first cycle of the tire’s life while the inner layer underneath is optimized for rear axles for the second cycle
- Designed to be rotated to the rear axles to increase tire life
- Increased aggression resistance due to lower tire pressure for the same load capacity compared to the MICHELIN XDR 250
- Less pressure on ground delivers an improved wear profile and protects equipment
1 The new MICHELIN 50/80R57 XDR 250+, has increased tire life by 8%, thanks to new generation of compounds and innovative tread layers (1), and improved aggression resistance (2)
(1) Compared to MICHELIN XDR 250 50/80R57. Average performance by mine site. Projected improvement in tire life based on field performance in 70 customer mine sites over 25 months. Actual results may vary.
(2) Compared to MICHELIN XDR 250 50/80R57, Thanks to carrying the same load capacity at lower air pressure, according to the 2019 Michelin Databook.
2 Compared to BRIDGESTONE MASTERCORE 50/80R57. Data gathered from 2021 Bridgestone Databook
Request More Information
Fill out the form below to request more information about Michelin XDR 250+ Mining Tire