Zenvironment is Yokohama Tire Corp.’s philosophy on using high technology to make truck tires that will last longer and be more fuel efficient. The lineup includes the 703ZL, 103ZR, 501ZA and the new long-haul steer tire, the 101ZL (shown).
- 101ZL: Reportedly provides at least a 10% increase in overall tread life and significant resistance to irregular wear. Available October 2010 in four sizes (295/75R22.5, 11R22.5, 11R24.5 and 285/75R24.5)
- 703ZL: Deep tread – one full inch – with a solid closed shoulder that provides even wear
- 103ZR: Offers a compound, tread design and casing construction that delivers longer treadwear and low rolling resistance. Also features rockejector platforms to keep stones, debris out of grooves
- 501ZA: Compound and casing design contributes to extended mileage, greater chip resistance on- and-off highway
- 101ZL, 703ZL and 103ZR on U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s SmartWay list of verified technologies for tires