Federal-Mogul Corporation has developed NovaLens and an utrathin LED light that makes vehicle interior lighting systems slimmer, cooler, more efficient and more stylish.
- Both combines LEDs and specially designed lamp lens to reduce profile of interior lamps by up to 60%
- NovaLens provides consistent and even illumination without "hot spots"
- The unit measures 12 mm thick compared to typical interior lamp profiles of 30 mm or more, giving vehicle designers an extra 18 mm of space
- LEDs emit cones of light that generate variations in intensity and visible hot spots within the lens of a traditional interior lamp
- NovaLens incorporates unique geometric features which reflect and refract light from LEDs positioned at opposite sides of lamp to produce visually uniform illumination
- Inner surface of the NovaLens includes optical features that vary in shape, depth and position, depending on their distance from nearest LED
- Outer surface of the NovaLens contains several parallel optical flutes
- Light from LEDs is reflected from optical features in the NovaLens and spread evenly by flutes to deliver uniform distribution of light over target zones
- Provides consistent, homogeneous appearance
- The system uses fewer LEDs for higher efficiency
- LED technology can draw less than 2W, depending on customer requirements, compared to 10W for equivalent incandescent bulbs
- Reduced electrical demand cuts CO2 emissions and helps reduce battery drain
- LEDs last ten times as long as incandescent bulbs and operate 95 C cooler for improved thermal management
Request More Information
Fill out the form below to request more information about Ultrathin LED Lighting with NovaLens