Federal-Mogul Corporation has developed an electrical brushless diesel fuel pump for on- and off-highway engines with significantly improved durability to help keep heavy-duty vehicles working longer. The technology is available for diesel engines typically used in the medium- and heavy-duty on-highway sector and in the construction, stationary, marine and agricultural sectors.
- Electronic commutation drives DC motor, providing cost-effeciency and non-contact technology for durability
- Lasts approximately 20 times longer than a conventional pump
- Electrically-driven design reduces load placed on engine when compared to conventional belt or gear driven pumps, improving fuel economy and reducing emissions
- Universal design provides ease of installation in existing fuel pump packages to replace current brush-style motors
- Helps enhance life of an engine in service and reduce maintenance expenses
- Suits 12V and 24V applications