SUNCAR has developed the INTERFLOW Fast-Charging Interface to minimize downtime and increase flexibility of battery-electric commercial vehicles and construction machines. It handles the communication between vehicle and external charging station, closes the electrical circuit with two high-voltage contactors, and monitors the charging process through consistent current, voltage and temperature measurement.
The interface supports the charging standards CCS1 and CCS2, furthermore NACS is already in development. With maximum current and voltage levels of 500 A and 1,000 VDC it enables DC charging up to 500 kW. The Interflow is designed to withstand the rigors of the off-highway environment through a rugged aluminum housing, high-quality internal components and guaranteeing functional safety up to ASIL B.
- CCS 2.0 communication according to DIN70121 and ISO15118
- CAN communication with vehicle control
- Functional safety up to ISO26262 ASIL B
- Galvanically isolated HV current and voltage measurements
- Inlet according to IEC 62196-3 (250 A)*
- Derating based on temperature sensors on the inlet (AC/DC)
- Control of connector interlock and LEDs
- Mainboard (interlock switch, temperature sensor)
- Potential equalization
- EMC cable glands (optional connector)
- Pressure compensation element