Microchip Technology Inc. offers two new families of 16-bit PIC24F microcontrollers (MCUs)-one with USB functionality and one for general-purpose applications-both of which feature nanoWatt XLP extreme low power technology, small packages and mTouch capacitive touch sensing.
• The USB family provides for peripheral, ebedded host and On-the-Go (OTG) implementations
• Microchip's nanoWatt XLP technology offers the world's lowest sleep currents, with current consumption down to 20 nA in Deep Sleep mode, resulting in the lowest power consumption of any MCU with USB OTG-10 times lower than USB MCUs from other ultra-low-power manufacturers.
• PIC24FJ64GA104 general-purpose family features nanoWatt XLP technology, 16 MIPS performance, 32 or 64 Kbytes of Flash, 8 Kbytes of RAM, a capacitive touch sensing peripheral, Real Time Clock and Calendar (RTCC), a 10-bit A/D, and the ability to reconfigure digital I/O pins via Peripheral Pin Select
• The PIC24FJ64GB004 USB family builds also offers full-speed USB 2.0 Peripheral, Embedded Host and OTG solution
• Example Applications: remote keyless entry, audio