Microchip Technology Inc., a provider of microcontroller and analog semiconductors, developed the MCP2036 Analog Front End (AFE) for inductive touch-sensing applications. Complimenting the company’s royalty-free mTouch Inductive Touch-Sensing Solutions, the fully-integrated MCP2036 AFE enables designers to enhance user interfaces with inductive touch-sensing technology.
- Reduces component count, design size and cost by including a multiplexer, frequency mixer, amplifier, driver, and voltage reference
- Works through a front panel, such as plastic, stainless steel or aluminum as well as through thick gloves and surfaces where liquids are present
- Configures for various applications in the appliance, industrial and automotive markets, among others
- Functions with almost any 8-, 16- or 32-bit PIC microcontroller (MCU) or dsPIC Digital Signal Controller (DSC)
- Available in a 16-pin, 4 mm x 4 mm QFN package, as well as 14-pin PDIP and SOIC packages