Kontron announces its collaboration with BMS Inc. to develop the M8 Mobile Data Computer (MDC).
- Developed to perform in tough vehicle environments
- Modular three-piece system that delivers substantially improved performance as well as low life cycle costs
- Based on customized in-vehicle computer leveraging high-performance 3.20 GHz Intel Core processors on Kontron’s COMe-cBL6 hardened Type 6 COM Express CPU module coupled with ruggedized Carrier Board
- Packaged in natural convection, sealed IP67 enclosure to survive rigorous environmental conditions
- COMe-based application-ready system provides very low power-per-performance feature set, and delivers modular building block platform to add technologies such as Wi-Fi, 4G, GPS and Bluetooth
- Provides users immediate access to mission-critical information to meet real-time incident response time and field performance needs
- Offers flexibility in terms of software, interface IO, data storage and digital video capabilities, and low total cost of ownership