Topcon Positioning Group announces the release of its Thermal Mapper for asphalt paving which is designed to monitor temperature segregation to prevent future problems and measure performance.
- Provides accurate compliance reporting — all with real-time kinematic (RTK) positioning accuracy
- Records temperature readings behind asphalt paver as paving is in progress and provides visualization to operators in real time of whether the mix falls within pre-defined temperature range, and if any segregation is limited within specifications
- Operators can adjust for more efficient and accurate project outcomes if the readings are unacceptable
- Uses RTK GPS positioning for more accurate results than conventional methods
- Creates data reporting files to download for applications such as DOT compliance through an interactive Pavelink module, the Topcon cloud-based logistics application for asphalt paving