EDEM, a market leader in Discrete Element Method (DEM) technology, is changing the face of Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) with its 'EDEM for' software that will make bulk material simulation accessible to all engineers using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Multi-Body Dynamics (MBD) software, in the design of heavy equipment.
- Provides design engineers with an easy to use, bulk material simulation system which links with their MBD and FEA software, extending the capability of the host software and providing engineers with unique insights into how materials interact with their equipment
- Integrates with leading CAE software tools from ANSYS, MSC Software and Siemens
- Do not require any DEM expertise to use
- Provides a unique library of thousands of material models, representing a wide range of real materials such as rocks, soils and ore
- Database delivers accurate and realistic information on the forces and material loads acting on equipment
- All analysis is carried out by the host software in an environment familiar to the engineer
- Easy access to a bulk material simulation capability will help improve design accuracy, reduce expensive physical prototyping and ensure confidence that the design requirements will be met