Interface Performance Materials introduces the TI650 & TI1K as innovative thermal insulation materials for automotive and heavy-duty vehicle heat shield applications.
- Odor- and smoke-free materials specifically formulated for three-layer heat shields in automotive, medium- and heavy-duty vehicle applications
- Provides excellent thermal resistance and malleability
- Non-toxic and resistant to cracking when molded into layered heat shield
- Low-density makeup makes them ideal substrates for lightweight initiatives by OEMs and fabricators
- Stands strong when heat is extreme, withstanding temperatures up to 1,000 C (1,832 F), delivering same material toughness and formability
- Highly inorganic material, TI1K also meets ASTM E136 flammability test standard with no detectable smoke
- Backed by rigorous testing protocols, including smoke generation testing, flame testing, and vehicle vibration simulation test which assesses material integrity when subjected to heat and continuous vehicle vibrations