Federal-Mogul Corporation has developed a more durable spark plug for use in gas-powered industrial engines. The Champion dual iridium bridge plug design extends electrode life by three times compared to current J-gap spark plugs.
- Offers significantly improved durability and thermal performance
- Features large electrodes and a dual-heat path through bridge to improve heat extraction and reduce electrode wear rates
- Reduces wear by providing more than twice the surface area of conventional J-electrode
- Large center electrode diameter and ground electrode strap create a gap firing surface area of more than 11 sq. mm, 150% larger than conventional J-gap products
- Greater surface area combined with dual iridium/rhodium electrode discs minimize wear often caused by electrical erosion and chemical corrosion
- Well suited for us in alternative fuel engines