Chris Snodgrass has been appointed Vice President of Global Sales, Marketing, Service and Aftermarket Parts at Perkins Engines Company Limited.
Responsible for global engine sales, parts and customer relationships, Snodgrass is the first vice president to have offices in San Antonio, TX, Peterborough, UK and Shanghai, China.
“Our customers are our number one priority,” says Perkins President Ramin Younessi. “We are a global business, serving a diverse customer base throughout the world. Having Chris and his customer facing teams located close to our OEMs enables us to effectively manage these customer relationships, share our expertise and support their business growth.”
Snodgrass will lead all commercial activities for Perkins engines, sold both direct to customers and through the global Perkins distribution network, and will own the service and parts group, where he will continue to ensure customers experience consistently exceptional levels of service and support.
“This is a fantastic opportunity to lead a truly global customer focused team,” says Snodgrass. “Over the last few years the team has grown our engine and aftermarket parts sales, which has created a strong foundation for us to build upon and secure new opportunities.
“Our recent growth has been supported by significant investments in the Perkins brand, our products, people and facilities. Our construction, rental, agricultural, materials handling and electric power customers tell us these investments have also delivered significant value to their business.”
For more than 80 years, Perkins has delivered quality products and services to its customers. To build upon this customer offering, Snodgrass has created four new positions within the sales and marketing team.
- Jasbir (Jaz) Gill has accepted the position of Director of Global OEM Direct Account Sales. Responsibilities include growth of the Perkins variable speed engine direct account business.
- David Nicoll has been appointed Director of Global Marketing and Dealer Operations. Responsible for the global marketing of the Perkins engine business, David will also lead on the development of the Perkins distribution network.
- Doug Mihelick becomes the new Director of Global Service and Customer Support, ensuring Perkins maximizes its service and customer support to deliver a consistent approach across the product range.
- Bill Giunta will support Snodgrass as the Sales Business Process Manager, a role which will focus on delivering continued process improvements for customers and distributors.
Continuing to lead Perkins regional and distribution sales and also reporting to Snodgrass are:
- Andy Zuckerman, Director of Regional Sales and Distribution, Americas
- Daniel (Dan) Bentley, Director of Regional Sales and Distribution, Asia Pacific
- Trevor Toulson, Director of Regional Sales and Distribution, EAME & CIS
- Michael Wright, Director of Global Aftermarket Parts
“We’re continuing to invest in the Perkins distribution channel and global customer support with new products to meet customer needs, engine manufacturing facilities located close to OEM’s production plants and a global service network providing quick access to Perkins Genuine parts,” states Snodgrass. “These initiatives and the changes we’ve announced today will further position the Perkins brand for future success.”