Komatsu America Corp., a leading global heavy equipment manufacturer, announced the North American commercial release of the PC4000-11 hydraulic mining shovel at MINExpo. Best suited to pair with 150-240 ton trucks, the PC4000-11 can be configured as a shovel or backhoe, depending on the application.
The Komatsu PC4000-11 is powered by a Tier 4 Final, 1,875 hp, 16-cylinder, SDA16V160E-3 Komatsu engine with selective catalytic reduction (SCR) and time-saving engine oil management systems. The engine is designed for higher fuel efficiency, extended service intervals, long life and low operating costs.
Machine performance enhancements designed to produce more tons per hour include:
- Various buckets and wear packages to suit multiple material densities and properties.
- Powerful digging forces.
- Proven attachment design.
- Easy bucket filling.
- All cylinders mounted in the shadow of the attachment for protection.
- Proven, open-circuit hydraulic system with high-efficiency, swing-out oil coolers.
- Large diameter undercarriage rollers, idlers and sprockets.
- Large undercarriage surface area and extensive precision hardening of all engaging components to reduce track wear.
- Hardened undercarriage track link pin bores.
Easy access and maintenance features include:
- Three emergency exits - one solid two piece flip-down ladder from cabin to ground; one solid two piece flip-down ladder from machinery house to roof; and one egress from pump room to machinery house roof.
- Generous access to all major service points from machinery house floor level
- Enclosed walk-in machinery house with partition wall separating engine from pump area.
- Automatic central lubrication.
- KOMTRAX Plus electronic monitoring system, providing real-time, machine operating status information.
- Ground-level access to hydraulically powered swing down service arm with Wiggins connections.
The PC4000-11’s comfortable cab features ergonomic updates that include:
- A large volume cab with full-height front window with high-impact-resistant glass.
- A high specification, multi-adjustable air suspension seat, plus trainer seat.
- Well-elevated operator position offering good all-around view, as well as KomVision 360-degree bird’s-eye-view camera system.
- Comprehensive climate control with pressurized filtered air ventilation and air conditioning.
- Large wash wiper covers windshield area for excellent visibility.
- A low noise cab on multiple viscous mounts for reduced vibration.
- ProVision ready, to accommodate machine guidance systems, upon customer request.