The 2020 edition of CONEXPO-CON/AGG will once again feature a Tech Experience, highlighting current and future advanced technologies for the construction and mining industries. this year there will be a Tech Experience area located in both the Silver lot and new Festival Grounds.
The Tech Experience was introduced at the 2017 show and included a live demonstration of a 3D printed excavator.
“We’re thrilled to announce our Tech Experience has returned for the 2020 show,” says AEM Vice President of Exhibitions Dana Wuesthoff. “We want visitors to consider how innovations will impact their operations, so we’re pleased to provide immersive demonstrations where cutting-edge ideas and game-changing technologies are presented in a fun, insightful way.”
Three key areas of focus will be covered at the Tech Experience:
- What it is – The transformation of current systems for moving products and people to meet tomorrow’s demands.
- What it involves – Transportation that is personal, shared, intelligent and/or autonomous.
- Why it matters – Existing infrastructure cannot sustain the sheer number of vehicles expected with growth in the future. Construction professionals will play an integral role in rebuilding and rethinking transportation.
- What it is – Designing buildings, vehicles and cities with social, economic and environmental impacts in mind.
- What it involves – Renewable energy, sustainable or recycled construction materials and a resilient framework that withstands disturbance.
- Why it matters – Housing, workspace, infrastructure and utilities all have serious social and environmental consequences. Companies embracing sustainability will earn more contracts.
- What it is – Urban areas that incorporate electronic data collection sensors to efficiently manage assets and resources.
- What it involves – Collecting and processing data to manage power, transportation, water supply, waste management, law enforcement, schools, hospitals and other services.
- Why it matters – Contractors need to be aware of new technology advances in this area because it will affect how work is done at construction sites in the future.
In addition, throughout the show will be a series of Tech Talks focused on these and other advanced technology topics, including automation and 3D printing.
“Disruptive trends and technology are having a transformative impact on the construction industry today,” says AEM Senior Vice President of Technology and Business Development Al Cervero. “In offering the Tech Experience at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2020, we want to provide a uniquely valuable opportunity to showcase the solutions that help equipment end users drive down costs, increase safety and efficiency and – most importantly – see the future of our industry.”