Immersive Technologies will launch the industry's most advanced, complete and scalable solution for mining equipment operator development this month at the world's major mining exhibition, MINExpo International, in Las Vegas.
The expected 40,000 industry professionals from over 100 countries at MINExpo, September 24 to 26, 2012, will have the opportunity to experience the results of years of dedicated R&D built in collaboration with hundreds of users of the industry's largest installed fleet of Advanced Equipment Simulators and exclusive alliance partners including leading OEMs Caterpillar, Hitachi, Komatsu, Liebherr and P&H Mining.
CEO and co-founder, Peter Salfinger says, "This launch will accelerate pursuit of our mission to make every mining and earth moving equipment operator in the world safer and their employer more profitable, while positioning Immersive Technologies for its next phase of growth."
Immersive Technologies is renowned within the global mining industry for its extensive range of Advanced Equipment Simulators; however the offering will be taken to a new level with the launch of a complete Blended Learning Solution, new Tools, Technologies and an extended range of Professional Services.
Blended Learning Solution
Taking a holistic approach to equipment operator development, Immersive Technologies offers mining operations a training model that ensures high levels of staff readiness and operational improvement, while taking advantage of a range of technologies to ensure the most cost effective solution and high trainee throughput. This is done via blending eLearning, Instructor Led Training, Medium and High Fidelity Simulators, with customized content and curriculum to meet the needs of specific operations.
Tools and Technologies
Immersive Technologies' focus on its global mining customers and addressing their specific needs has led to the launch of a range of new tools and technologies designed to support a Blended Learning Solution. Tools and Technologies to launch at MINExpo include:
- SimCloud: SimCloud allows mining operations to maintain complete visibility over local or global Simulation training programs via a secure website.
- Global Operator Benchmarking: Global Operator Benchmarking allows mining operations to benchmark their equipment operators against global norms based on data captured from over 23,000 operators. This in turn provides valuable insight for targeting business improvement initiatives, curriculum refinement and measuring improvement.
- Trainer Productivity Station (TPS): TPS is designed to alleviate the industry shortage of experienced trainers. Visitors to MINExpo will observe firsthand how mining operations can do more with the experienced trainers they already have.
- SimDesktop: SimDesktop takes the powerful simulator data analysis and scenario configuration tools synonymous with Immersive Technologies, Advanced Equipment Simulators, and allows trainers and managers to take advantage of these tools anywhere, anytime.
- SimMentor: SimMentor facilitates briefing before and debriefing after simulation training sessions, increasing training effectiveness and freeing up simulator time.
Immersive Technologies now has a global, in-house team of training consultants, supported by a mining operator development best practice research and development team. Immersive Technologies Professional Services are devoted to applying proven best practice methodologies refined by working directly with the largest population of equipment simulator users in mining and OEM alliance partners. This in turn ensures Immersive Technologies solutions effectively quantify equipment operator competencies and deliver quantifiable operational improvement while mitigating the risk of program implementation failure. Professional services on offer now include: TrainerAdvantage, to ensure training staff readiness, Training Systems Integration, which delivers best practice program implementation, Continuous Improvement Projects, to quickly deliver quantified mining operational improvement and program management support.
"We are working with our customers to provide real solutions in crucial areas such as quantifying operator competencies, linking them to, and driving, operational performance. With this new presentation of our capabilities there is no question we are extending our position as the leader in delivering better operational performance from people, the most valuable asset mining companies have," says Salfinger.