Topcon Positioning Group announces a multitude of new features and enhanced functionality to the entire MAGNET suite of connected workflow software. The MAGNET suite includes solutions for the field personnel, the office designers and managing supervisors.
The release of MAGNET v2.0, a Topcon enterprise solution for the geomatics industry, provides more than 30 substantial additions or upgrades to the Enterprise, Field and Office packages. Enterprise is a cloud service designed for the supervising manager that connects the Field and Office products and provides a collaborative web-based interface to company data. Cloud-based collaboration and real-time data exchange makes MAGNET a productivity enhancing solution for virtually any operation.
Jason Hallett, Topcon Vice President for Software Product Management, says, “MAGNET is the industry leader in cloud computing and real-time data exchange. Now with v2.0, the total product suite has been elevated to a new level. Not only does MAGNET allow for real-time collaboration between the project manager, job foreman, job site crews, office personnel, engineers and consultants, it also introduces myriad new features that will increase productivity in every aspect of every job.”
Key new developments are expanded functionality for BIM and GIS applications. MAGNET v2.0 now has customized packages designed for building layout and high accuracy GIS application.
A unique new feature is Hybrid Positioning technology, available in the MAGNET Field solution package. It provides the option to simultaneously connect to GNSS signals and robotic measurements on a single rover pole. “This is a powerful feature that is easily managed in MAGNET,” Hallett says.
“Topcon continues to bring efficiencies in productivity by providing the ability to maintain simultaneous connections to a robot and a GPS rover when using the Hybrid Positioning module.”
Other key features available to enhance data workflow and automation include:
- AutoCAD 360 cloud surfing: Allows user to visualize, edit and share field projects with non-MAGNET users.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D support: Single-click ability to convert 3D line work generated in MAGNET to DWG and launch seamlessly in AutoCAD Civil 3D for review or continued design, and vice versa.
- Real-time sessions: An office user can log in and connect to any active project, select a field crew and view the field activity and data in real time.
- MAGNET Relay: Unique RTK base forwarding service that allows up to 10 MAGNET Field-enabled rovers to work from a single cellular-enabled RTK base.
- Asset manager: Ability to show all active field assets (crews and equipment) in Map View with satellite image background.
- Third-party file format support: Enlarged library of supported file formats of all major positioning equipment providers, and third-party vendors to MAGNET.
“With MAGNET a company can manage its positioning data and field information to ensure maximum efficiency in all facets of each project. The exciting new BIM and GIS features makes it the most productive workflow solution for almost every precise positioning and mapping professional,” Hallett says.
MAGNET v2.0 is available for use with Topcon and Sokkia instruments and is available through subscription service so the user has continuous access to the latest features. MAGNET Field and Office products can also be purchased for stand-alone use.