JLG Industries Inc., an Oshkosh Corporation company and a leading global manufacturer of aerial work platforms and telehandlers, will showcase its new AccessReady XR Operator Training simulator at the ARA Show, February 18-20 in Anaheim, CA, at booth #5441. This highly anticipated launch to the commercial market will offer JLG customers the ability to effectively and efficiently train and improve the skills of boom lift equipment operators in a safe, virtual environment.
JLG AccessReady XR provides virtual reality-based training for operators of all skill levels, with everything from controls familiarization to machine operation and advanced spatial awareness challenges. This type of immersive training optimizes the learning experience while preparing operators to efficiently use the controls and familiarize themselves with boom lift operation. JLG Industries Inc.
The simulator launch is the result of a year-long global pilot program that included introductions of the technology at numerous tradeshow events, in addition to volumes of global customer feedback, designed to enhance the experience. The simulator was developed in partnership with ForgeFX Simulations, which specializes in 3D and visualization software.
“It’s been a privilege to pilot the AccessReady XR system for JLG this past year,” says Steve Wozniak, Product Support Representative for Cloverdale Equipment Company. “My customers look forward to working with the VR kit at operator training classes. I’ve found it to be an extremely helpful training tool overall, but especially with my novice personnel. Putting them in the JLG VR system gives them real-world experience in a safe environment.”
“We are excited to bring this revolutionary virtual reality training program to our customers,” says Rick Smith, Senior Director, Global Product Training for JLG Industries. “After years of testing, we feel this technology will help train boom lift operators faster and more effectively, which will significantly help to improve safety and job site performance.”
JLG is committed to helping customers meet and exceed new ANSI standards through machine design, safe use and training. The new AccessReady XR Operator Training simulator is the newest addition to the company’s growing training portfolio. This includes easy-to-access training courses to ensure operators and supervisors are compliant with the new standards.
Benefits of the JLG AccessReady XR Operator Training simulator include:
- Safe environment for training operators
- Increased “hands-on” controls training for reduced time to proficiency
- Improved quality of practice time, allowing operators to experience real-life applications more quickly
- Reduced trainee idle time to increase practice while evaluations are performed
- Reduced evaluation time, since knowledge of the controls occurs faster
- Real-time feedback to accelerate training knowledge
Other key features of the JLG AccessReady XR Operator Training Program include real-world controls, “virtual hands” (unique to JLG), a networked multi-user mode, multiple training environments (including proving grounds and construction sites), selectable virtual avatars for multi-user scenarios, an instructor-led mode and tools to create unique password-protected scenarios and customized performance metrics. JLG Industries Inc.
The JLG AccessReady XR package includes:
- 4-ft. JLG 800S platform with controls and footswitch
- HTC Vive VR headset with headphones and Leap Motion camera
- HTC Vive sensors and tracker
- VR-ready PC pre-loaded with JLG AccessReady XR software
- Keyboard with touchpad and monitor for PC
- Portable cabinet for housing the PC and VR components
- System setup and operating instructions