IEEE Transportation Electrification Conference and Expo (ITEC) is aimed at helping the industry in the transition from conventional vehicles to advanced electrified vehicles. The conference is focused on components, systems, standards, and grid interface technologies, related to efficient power conversion for all types of electrified transportation, including electric vehicles, hybrid electric vehicles, and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (EVs, HEVs, and PHEVs) as well as heavy-duty, rail, and off-road vehicles and airplanes and ships.
The 2019 show will be held in the Detroit, MI, area.
ITEC 2018 featured 11 technical tracks from key people in academia and industry.
- Power Electronics and Electric Motor Drives
- Electric Machines and Actuators
- Thermal Management, Packaging, and Optimization of Traction Drive Systems
- Battery, Battery Management Systems, Chargers and Charging Infrastructures
- Electric, Hybrid Electric, and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle System Architectures
- Connected and Autonomous Vehicles, Smart Mobility, Intelligent Transportation Systems, and Vehicle Security
- Smart Grid, Electrical Infrastructure, and V2G/V2I Applications
- Electrification of Heavy-Duty and Off-Road Vehicles
- Electrical Systems and Components for Sea, Undersea, Air, and Space Vehicles and Trains.
- Modeling, Simulation, and Control
- Codes, Standards, Policies, and Regulations for Transportation Electrification
This event is hosted by IEEE, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, a professional organization whose goal is to advance technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity.