Elliott Equipment Company has introduced the D100i Insulating Digger Derrick, which features a 100-foot tip height and an independently operated fiberglass boom with 46kV insulation. The D100i has a maximum lifting capacity of 48,000 pounds and 10,800 pounds at a 30‐foot radius.
The D100i is equipped with a 20,000‐ft‐lb auger drive, allowing it to handle flightings up to 48 inches in width in a wide variety of soil conditions. Whether the task is setting poles or installing screw anchors, the D100i is poised for success. One of the unit’s standout features is its independently powered fiberglass boom. The unit’s fourth stage, powered by a singular drive cylinder and a transferable pole guide, is adaptable for a range of configurations.
Elliott minimized the wheelbase of the D100i to a compact 232 inches, ensuring maneuverability around tight transmission pads are no challenge. Plus, the D100i can be operated with the outriggers partially deployed in mid‐span mode or with one side fully deployed and one side fully retracted to save additional space. Additionally, the D100i features several features to improve operator efficiency and serviceability:
- Deluxe Control Console: Maximizing operator comfort and efficiency.
- Intuitive LMI Interface: Providing clear feedback on load parameters.
- High Pinpoint Boom Geometry: Offering unparalleled leverage, especially during challenging lifts.
- Exceptional Ingress / Egress: For easy and safe operator transitions.
- Engineered Serviceability: Designed to simplify maintenance and minimize downtime.
- Backed by a Lifetime Structural Warranty.
- Compliant with ASNI/ASSP A10.31 standards in all modes of operation.
Additional D100i Technical Specifications:
- Sheave height max: 100 feet
- Horizontal reach max: 85 feet
- Digging radius: 24 feet to 41 feet
- Lifting capacities: 48,000 pounds (max), 36,000 pounds (10-foot radius), 10,800 pounds (30-foot radius)
- Boom range: ‐10 to 80 degrees
- Digger speeds: 80RPM/35RPM
- Torque: 20,000 foot-pounds