The High-Efficiency Truck Users Forum (HTUF) program, supported by the U.S. Army’s Tank Automotive Research Development and Engineering Center (TARDEC), serves as a provider of industry connection and outreach services in the areas of vehicle efficiency, electrification, automation, and cyber-security. This mechanism helps identify and develop technologies that can fulfill the needs of the military and commercial industry.
In 2018 a one-day event will be held that brings together industry and military stakeholders to identify barriers and opportunities for greater adoption of advanced technologies in these areas.
The HTUF Annual Meeting will include panel discussions, presentations, and working group meetings all aimed at increasing industry participation in efforts to remove the barriers to greater deployment of advanced vehicle technologies. This meeting will also include content that supports and builds on the results from the initial TARDEC Vehicle Electrification Forum kickoff meeting. The meeting will include:
- An overview of the TARDEC Vehicle Electrification Strategy and opportunities to provide input on its direction
- Panel discussions on vehicle electrification, automation, and cyber-security involving representatives of the military and commercial industry
- A presentation of the “beachhead” strategy of vehicle technology development – identifying key initial platforms, applications, and markets to spur greater industry research and investments
- A discussion of the ways key national fleets identify and deploy advanced technologies
- A display of advanced and electrified vehicles
- Working group meetings including the Connected & Automated Technology Users Forum, the Commercial Electric Vehicle Working Group, and the Medium & Heavy-Duty Vehicle Cyber-Security Working Group
- A networking reception