Federal-Mogul Motorparts, a division of Federal-Mogul Holdings Corp., has expanded its range of Abex Reduced Stopping Distance (RSD) certified commercial grade friction linings to include the Abex RX 6297 lining.
- Provides excellent lining and drum wear
- Exceeds both the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) 121 Reduced Stopping Distance (RSD) requirement and OE brake manufacturer standard for 23,000-lb. (10,432.62 kg) tractor applications
- Capable of delivering stopping distance of just 217 ft. (66.14 m) from 60 mph (96.56 kmh) on a tractor equipped with a 23,000-pound drive axle and 14,600-pound steer axle under loaded conditions, beating FMVSS 121 RSD standard and OE brake manufacturer requirement of 250 and 225 ft. (76.2 and 68.58 m), respectively
- Copper-free, crack-resistant lining engineered to help maintain like-new braking performance while experiencing minimal swell and growth
- Meets FMVSS requirements through use of advanced non-asbestos organic (NAO), semi-metallic and combination NAO/semi-met formulations that produce required brake torque to stop under 250 ft. (76.2 m)