Delroyd Worm Gear's exclusive use of the involute helicoid thread form on the worm and gear provides for high efficiencies and long service life. The hardened, ground and polished alloy steel worm develops a smooth, work hardened surface on the bronze gear.
- Worm gears wear in and improve with prolonged service
- Automatic engagement and disengagement
- Delayed engagement produces a "no load start"
- No slippage at full running speed
- Controlled soft-start acceleration
- 100% efficient at rated speed
- Standard, spring control, and deep pocket models
- Protection against shock loads during start-up