The DESCH Revox drive concept, a clutched hybrid drive unit, combines an energy-efficient gear drive with the versatility of hydraulic drive.
- Core of system is a power-split drivetrain
- Mounted hydraulic motor takes care of start-up process to ensure safe and gentle acceleration of crusher rotor
- Eliminates clutch wear and need for highly sensitive electronic control systems
- Robust wet clutch transmits engine torque through efficient gear reduction for energy-savings during normal operating mode
- Provides two pump drive connections that transmit power as soon as engine is started
- Default hydraulic pump connection is for an SAE-C pump, but other connections are possible
- Optional reverse drive makes it possible to operate machines in reverse with full cutting torque, helpful for removing blockages