STW Technic introduces its EB07 expansion board that allows the addition of telematics to off-highway electronic controllers without a modem.
- Features a 400 MHz PowerPC micro-processor with a full Linux operating system environment
- Includes 1GB of flash memory, an Ethernet port, a CAN port, a serial port (RS-232) and a USB port, as well as a real-time clock
- Stand-alone software products may be run on a controller with the expansion board such as software updates for the ESX-3XL or ESX-3XM through the USB port (the update hex file is on a USB flash drive) or the Vehicle Data System (STW’s web-based telematics package for data logging and real-time diagnostics)
- Several important functions are integrated into the controller software package such as logging, networking, remote procedure calls (RPCs), file management and streaming
- Linux environment provides a platform for adding new capabilities that may become necessary in the evolving world of smart, connected vehicles
- Functions that can be accessed directly from the main controller through an API include data-logging of key machine variables, networking, remote procedure calls (RPCs), and file management and streaming